Friday, September 20, 2013

Carmen's quilt


Carmen brought me this Christmas quilt and asked for some custom quilting.


I thought I would try something a little different. I usually quilt these curves by hand, but I wanted to see if I could get them more uniform. I don't have any curved rulers yet and I wasn't sure if they would even work with moving the quilt rather than the machine.


 I was going to use a bowl to quilt the curve, but I found this nice CD-ROM holder. Works great! I can do curves! Only problem is that it only works one way. I can do the curve up or down, but then I can't get the angle on the other side without turning the quilt. The lip is too high to fit on the right side of the needle.

So now that I know I can quilt curves with a ruler,  I've ordered a set of Fine Line Continuous Curve rulers from Accents in Design. I can't wait for them to arrive. So excited:)

Thanks Carmen!


2 comments:

  1. It's a race! Who will get their rulers first? lol!

    Does your buddy George have a ruler foot? Or is it just because the CD thingie is too tall?

    Great job on the quilt and trying ruler work and above all, being resourceful!

    ReplyDelete