Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Karen's quilt

In Loving Memory of Bobby Miner
 

Karen brought me this t-shirt quilt she had made for a friend. Her friend's son was killed in an automobile accident at the age of 30. This quilt features six of his shirts.


At first she was thinking of having an edge to edge stipple using a black thread. I had a look online to look at some photos of other t-shirt quilts, and suggested using invisible thread instead, so the quilting wouldn't detract from the t-shirts. We agreed on invisible thread for the shirts, black on the black sashing and brown for the outer border.



I wanted to do something a little bit different for the sashing to break up the stippling. I settled on a back and forth squiggle with squares in between.


Karen had liked this circular swirl pattern as well, so I decided to go with swirls for the outer border, quilted in brown.


Thanks Karen!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I think the black would have taken away from the designs on the shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilting selections!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete