Monday, September 24, 2012

UFO help: suggestions welcome

I pulled this UFO out of the cabinet and am trying to figure out what kind of border I want. I made this ages ago and never got around to finishing it. It will make a beautiful wall-hanging if I can figure out how to dress it. Well, tis the season. I've been looking through my stash. These are a couple of color schemes I came up with, but nothing is jumping out at me. Any thoughts or suggestions would be wonderful. Darker border? Lighter? Silver? I can't think.....


Angels around angels? With a white or cream 1/2 inch border?
 

 
This mattress ticking looks a little interesting. More country maybe.
 

Plain white?
 


I kind of like this batik (like a snowy day), but I'm not sure it fits in with the countryish fabrics on the angels. The plan in the end is to quilt some sort of silvery light 'from heaven' around the angels. Swirls maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, I like your angel border the best. Can I suggest that a pieced star border would look good. Vicki vickilorraine at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you probably have already put this together but I am with Vicki. I like the angle fabric too but along with Vicki I see a pieced border. I think it would make a much better frame around the angels than just the plain. I think a plain white narrow border around the angels and then the pieced border would be really nice. Can't wait to see what you come with.

    ReplyDelete