Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chevrons

With the leftovers of my favorite blue animal fabric, I decided to try a chevron quilt. Nice and modern looking I think. I'm not a huge fan of triangles though. I seem to be fine until I get the iron out, and then, suddenly, my triangles have morphed into something that is not quite a perfect square. So when I saw this tutorial for chevrons sans triangles, I thought it sounded great. It worked brilliantly! Here is the tutorial:

 
 
And this is how mine turned out:
 


 
I decided to try something a bit more elaborate on the white strips.


2 comments:

  1. WOWEE! Laura, that is totally awesome quilting and I like the quilt pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I think the fabric, quilt top design & quilting look great together.... Nice call! b

    ReplyDelete