Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pow Wow!


I had a nice quiet Christmas break. Only a couple of customer quilts to quilt. So I got to try out a few of my own projects. I bought Cluck Cluck Sew's Pow Wow Pattern at The Little General and set to work.


I spaced out the arrows a little more than the pattern said and quilted it all over with wavy lines. Love quilting wavy lines. They are so fast and easy and they look great. This lap quilt is for myself and as much as I love heavy quilting, I made myself tone it down. Nobody likes a stiff lap quilt. And the bleached muslin I bought at Joanns is so lovely and soft.


The great thing about this pattern is that it makes allowances for the fabric you cut out when you sew your square onto the rectangle. You sew another line 1/2" over and then you have a whole bunch of perfect half square triangles just waiting to be pieced.


I had just enough to make a small wall hanging. Something nice and cheerful to hang in the studio. And of course, wall quilts just beg to be heavily quilted.


I have been wanting to try out a design that I have seen on many of Sew Kind of Wonderful's quilts. For lack of a better term, I call them 'pills'. You quilt them just like you would a string of pearls, only elongated. They are actually pretty fun to do.

So two of my own quilts done and ready to go:) Back to work!

3 comments:

  1. Both of these are gorgeous! I love the wavy lines, too, and I am trying to "ease up" on my quilting, I love quilting densely but not every quilt needs it! Love your colors, so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to watch you quilt the "pills"; do you backtrack at all? They look wonderful... all of your quilting does! Your quilts for you are superb, glad you were able to squeeze in some keepers!

    ReplyDelete