Saturday, May 18, 2013

Carrie's charity quilts

 
 My friend Carrie asked me if I would be willing to quilt some charity quilts for her. She made them for the Hopes and Dreams Quilt Challenge for ALS. They are lap quilts for patients with Lou Gehrig's disease. The contest is also to help raise awareness and research money for ALS.


Carrie does amazing embroidery! I am always fascinated with the intricate designs she does.


Below is the backing fabric.

 
I love this fabric! I asked Carrie where she got it and she can't remember! She thinks she got from the Internet. If anyone know where to find some more of this, let me know. Love, love, love it!
 

I really like the colors in this one as well.


I think I'm getting better at my unmarked loopy loops too:)

 




This batik quilt gave me pause as far as quilting. I was a little concerned that my machine would have trouble with some of the thicker seams and the blocks are so different. I decided to stipple. The gray blends in with most of the colors and doesn't take away from the block designs. Some quilts just aren't meant for fancy quilting:) Sometimes, less is better.


Thanks Carrie!

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much Laura for doing such a great job and for saving my shoulder lots of pain. :0)

    ReplyDelete