Friday, December 14, 2012

Susie's quilt

Susie didn't want heavy quilting on her beautiful Christmas wall hanging, just some accenting.


I think I've just learned an important lesson about double checking photos before I send the quilt back home. The way the sun was facing the quilt has made it shadowed on the left. The colors in these photos really don't do the quilt justice.


Susie brought me some red thread for the light red borders and wanted black stitching on the rest. I outlined the bells in the center panel and quilted some holly leaves throughout all the black.


I quilted Christmas ball ornaments in the light red and simply weaved back and forth through the staves on the music fabric to create some variety.


I use the black thread to outline the floral paisley outer border to accent the pattern.


Thanks Susie:)

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are so talented. I love how you continued the holly theme in the quilting. I love how you did the circles in the bells too. Well done.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete