I've been wanting to make a blooming nine patch for a while and I'd seen these gorgeous fabrics at Sewingly Yours and thought they would be perfect for this pattern. I used three different fabrics for this little quilt.
In retrospect, I should have had more light fabrics, with just a little dark at the edges, but I still like how it turned out. I cut 2" squares, so it wouldn't be too heavily pieced and quilted it with the swirly feather pattern that I used on Chris's tulip quilt. Love that design!
The quilting really shows up well on the back. I didn't want the quilting to take away from the colors of the front. Now I just need to find someone with a baby girl!