Monday, July 13, 2015

Kelly's Asian quilt


I had a lot of fun quilting Kelly's Asian quilt. All she asked for was custom. She left the rest to me.


I had to break out the invisible thread on this one. I don't tend to use invisible thread much. I know quilters who swear by it and always use it for stitch in the ditch work. I usually just match background colors, but the fabrics were different enough on the outer fans that I was afraid the thread would show up too much.


I happened to have a cone of Magnifico gold thread that I got with my APQS George. I have been waiting for just the right quilt and it was perfect for this!


Thanks Kelly!

4 comments:

  1. A stunning quilt - I love your quilting, the kind of large McTavishing filler is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning quilting work, beautiful quilt, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is beautiful! I love Magnifico gold on Asian quilts. I love other colors of Magnifico on batiks too. It is great thread.

    ReplyDelete