Sunday, November 17, 2013

Carrie's Little Red Quilt


Carrie brought me this quilt as well as a photo of the pattern (Little Red by Judy Adams) in the book that she used. She liked the quilting and asked if I could duplicate it.


It didn't look that difficult, so I said sure! It wasn't really a difficult pattern, but it took me a while to work out how to keep the quilting line continuous. I ended up quilting it in blocks.


I freehand quilted the feather blocks and continuous curve centers.


Then I used my Fine Line curved ruler for the lined blocks.


This outer border was a lot of fun. It looks more complicated than it is. I simply quilted the curved pattern, with the curves all going in the same direction.


Then I started echoing it on the left all the way around and then again to the right.


 Then I quilted bumpy feathers on the outer border.

Thanks Carrie!






2 comments:

  1. You did another fantastic job on this quilt. I have one more side of binding to do. I love what you did on the small border.
    Thanks for another job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! I love that you are using your rulers and that border is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete